We conduct research to create new knowledge that offers enlightenment and practical eco-innovation.
SV research is both three dimensional and multidisciplinary. As a result our investigations are of technical, natural and social processes and how they interact.
SV Applied Research focuses on ‘problem solving’. Typically the research is broken down into a number of separate but interdependent components:
- Identification of problems
- Diagnosis of causes
- Identification of potential solutions
- Action plan
- Monitor and evaluate action and outcomes
Thus, from the agreed scope of the research we will provide:
- A description of how things are with base line data if applicable.
- An explanation as to why things are the way they are.
- Models that predict how systems will change under alternative scenarios.
- Planning and decision-making that will relate to the changes to existing systems.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the effects of changes both during and after they have been made. It follows will compare the outcomes with predictions and base line.
“ if you can’t imagine it, your model can’t capture it, and that means the evidence won’t reflect it.”